It’s the 4th of July weekend and today we are not having a special but we still wanted to do something that would inspire you to grill like our family does every day at the truck. Everyone will be grilling everything they can find so we came up with some 4th of July food ideas to make your grilling tons of fun!
4th of July Food Ideas from Uncle Gussy’s
Here are three food ideas to have for tomorrow’s 4th of July celebration:
1. Souvlaki: Serve your guests souvlaki. You can put any type of meat, vegetable, and fruit on a stick! Just make sure you soak your wooden skewers before grilling because you don’t want them to burn.
2. Gyros: The gyro is another option for you to serve your guests a little bit of everything on the grill; you will have your meat and vegetables with tzatziki wrapped into one.
3. Greek Salad: There will be folks at your party that want to eat something light before all the heavy food comes out. We suggest a fresh Greek Salad with feta, red onions, grape leaves, assorted greens, vegetables, and tomatoes with plenty of tzatziki sauce!
Uncle Gussy’s #GrillinLikeAVillain photo Contest
Since we won’t be seeing many of the customers tomorrow, we still wanted to celebrate this long weekend with you. We’ve come up with a little contest on Instagram !
If you have an Instagram account here is what you need to do to participate:
1. Take a picture of yourself grilling your favorite food; there will be lots of souvlaki with pork, beef, chicken, shrimp, and vegetables.
3. We want to see people in the picture grilling meat, fish, shrimp, veggies, and even fruit! Whatever you can find in your fridge or garden! Get creative with your food!
What do you win for participating?
The ten (10) people with the most likes showing off their grilling skills will get a free meal from Uncle Gussy’s. (This includes a beverage, platter OR gyro, dessert, and seasoned fries.)
The three (3) people with the most creative grilling display, will get a sample of Mom’s Tzatziki Sauce. (Uncle Gussy’s Staff will pick the winners.)
When does the #GrillinLikeAVillain Instagram contest start and end?
This contest starts on July 4th at 8:00 a.m. and ends on July 11th 11:59 p.m. on Instagram!
This contest is only open to those in the Tri-State area of Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey.
We will notify those who participate of their prizes via Instagram.
All prizes must be picked-up at the truck.
Get #GrillinLikeAVillain !!